Connect with us

Infrastructure

Watch: Route of Gold Coast’s new ‘M2’ motorway revealed [video]

Watch Route of Gold Coast’s new ‘M2’ motorway revealed [video]

THE route of the Gold Coast’s new ‘M2’ motorway has been locked in, with the final stretch now officially mapped out.

The State Government on Sunday announced the final route of the six-lane road had been gazetted, allowing it to be protected from new development.

It will run for 42km between Nerang and Logan and is tipped to take around 60,000 cars off the congested M1.

Dubbed the Coomera Connector, the new road will be located east of the M1 and, starting from Nerang-Broadbeach Road in Nerang, will travel through Helensvale, Coomera, Pimpama, Ormeau, Stapylton and Eagleby before connecting with the Logan and Pacific Motorway interchanges.

Watch Route of Gold Coast’s new M2 motorway revealed

Watch Route of Gold Coast’s new ‘M2’ motorway revealed

Transport and Main Roads Minister Mark Bailey said the new road was essential to alleviating congestion on the M1 and would provide an important north-to-south transport link for north Gold Coast communities.

“With more than 180,000 vehicles travelling on the M1 each day and strong population growth on the northern Gold Coast, we need to plan for the region’s future transport demands,” Mr Bailey said.

Scroll down to watch the video! 

“We want people to spend more time at home with their family and friends and less time in traffic, and that means responsibly planning now for growing communities between Brisbane and the Gold Coast.

“Now, the entire 45 kilometre Coomera Connector corridor – including the final northern stretch to the Logan Motorway – has been officially gazetted as a future state-controlled road.”

The Nerang to Coomera section was gazetted in March 2016 and the Coomera to Stapylton section in May 2017.

The corridor has been identified in various public planning documents, such as published street directories, regional transport plans, planning studies and City of Gold Coast planning schemes since the 1990s.

Formerly known as the intra-regional transport corridor, the new road will provide more choices for local traffic and additional crossings of the Logan, Coomera and Nerang Rivers.

It’s also expected to cut travel time between the Coast and the Capital by reducing the number of local trips on the M1.

Watch Route of Gold Coast’s new ‘M2 motorway revealed

Mr Bailey said there was still plenty of work to do to bring the project to life.

‘‘The community will continue to be involved in future stages of planning for the corridor,” he said.

“Opportunities for consultation will be both in person at a series of information sessions and online.

“Community members will be able to learn more about the project and provide feedback using digital engagement tools such as collaborative mapping.’’

Scroll down to watch the video!

The Palaszczuk Government has committed $5 million to undertake transport planning studies for the corridor.

Residents who live or have properties along the gazetted route have already been notified, while community information sessions are still being planned along the length of the corridor to gain community input into the short-listed options.

The community will also be given a chance to provide feedback about the project online.

A master plan will then be developed to determine the preferred option for the corridor and help determine how delivery of the project could be staged.

The Department of Transport and Main Roads says a timeline for construction has not yet been identified and will depend on the future traffic growth in the surrounding area and availability of funding.

The Department says it is also liaising with property owners regarding land sales and development applications and early acquisition of properties “may occur in some hardship circumstances”.

Planning continues to progress for the alignment.

For more information click here.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Brisbane

Hutchinson Builders takes over Cbus Brisbane tower that broke Probuild

Hutchinson Builders takes over Cbus Brisbane tower

Hutchinson Builders will take over the completion of Cbus Property’s troubled residential development in Brisbane, one of most problematic projects for failed construction contractor Probuild.

The awarding of the contract was widely expected, as family-owned Hutchies, the largest Queensland-based builder, was seen as the only contractor capable of taking on the 47-level project.

“Since commencing preliminary works on site three weeks ago, Cbus Property, together with Hutchinson Builders, continues to finalise subcontractor negotiations and prepare a revised construction programme,” Cbus Property chief executive Adrian Pozzo said on Monday.

“Once finalised, we will provide an update to purchasers with a more definitive completion timeline.”

Chairman Scott Hutchinson told The Australian Financial Review in early March he was “quietly hoping” to pick up the job and the announcement makes it second time lucky for the company that came second to Probuild in the 2017 race for the project.

Probuild had tendered a price for the project that was $40 million less than Hutchies’ price and a year faster to build, Mr Hutchinson said. Probuild has not confirmed those numbers, nor has Cbus Property.

But the project turned into such a drag for the business that Probuild parent WBHO said last year – long before putting the company into administration in February this year – that the project had racked up a $48 million loss.

Sydney-based Roberts Co has acquired Probuild’s Victorian projects and Built has taken over Dexus’ 25 Martin Place project in Sydney. The future of Greaton’s Ribbon project at Sydney’s Darling Harbour is still not clear.

Article source: www.afr.com

Continue Reading

Gold Coast

Gold Coast’s New Isoletto Pool Club Brings A Slice Of Europe To Queensland

gold-coast-pool-club

Over the past few years, The Star Gold Coast has been going hard on expansions as the property tries to firm up its status as the area’s most emblematic luxury address. Unlike in other Australian cities up and down the east coast, The Star Gold Coast has virtually no competition in sight, leaving it as somewhat of an incubator for the coastal city’s more premium offerings across dining and accommodation. The latest opening to help fortify that kind of reputation is Isoletto Pool Club, a ritzy sixth-floor bar and events space that’s part of the new Leisure Deck within its recently built 53-storey hotel and apartment tower.

Given the Ibizia-style Cali Beach has been such a hit for Gold Coast locals and visitors, it’d be no surprise to see Isoletto Pool Club take off as the destination pushes into its post-pandemic groove. And while Australia’s east coast is most likely heading towards its wetter months (yes – even Sydney), the opening still comes nicely timed to capitalise on all the return domestic travellers looking for something a bit more premium than the typical Broadbeach haunt.

The suite of poolside spaces that make up Isoletto aren’t breaking the mould when it comes to some of the more popular pool clubs from around the world, but the clean organic neutral palette looks incredibly inviting with its bright accents of lemon and melon. Consider it one of the few slices of European inspired spaces nudging its way into the famously outdated spread of average cafes and generic restaurants (Social Eating House being an exception) that have held Broadbeach back for years.

gold-coast pool club

The catch here is that Isoletto Pool Club will remain exclusive to all hotel guests within The Star’s numerous hotels, which span The Star Grand, The Darling, and newer developments Dorsett Gold Coast and The Star Residences. This includes anyone staying in the long-term rentals and permanent residences that make up The Star’s new apartment tower, which is opening in June this year.

There’s no subversion here. A press release for Isoletto Pool Club touts “island-inspired cocktails” and an extensive wine list, plus the kind of food menu that’s perfectly aligned with the coastal inspiration. Think casual Gold Coast staples like freshly rolled sushi and locally sourced oysters to fried snapper burgers and various acai bowls. Groups can also grab various poolside packages that include bottles of Champagne, cocktail selections, seasonal fruit platters, and some complimentary sunscreen.

The opening will be complemented by a separate Isoletto Privé, which is a dedicated event space signalled by a sprawling lawn and its own deck and terrace. And it seems The Star is really pushing this part of Isoletto, bolstering the property’s business and events portfolio with enough capacity to fit a comfortable 168 guests at long tables, 150 guests at seated banquet tables or a max of 1,200 standing guests if considering the entire Leisure Deck as well.

Article source: www.bosshunting.com.au
Continue Reading

Infrastructure

Homebuyers Warned as Builders Renegotiate Contracts

homebuyers feature image

The Queensland Building and Construction Commission has warned homebuyers to seek legal advice before agreeing to make payments that fall outside of the terms of fixed price contracts.

QBCC’s warning comes as builders and construction firms face escalating construction and labour costs and delays.

Earlier this week, it was revealed Oracle Homes was asking homebuyers for up to $122,000 for price variations due to cost blowouts.

Master Builders Australia acting chief executive Paul Bidwell said the ongoing war in the Ukraine was also affecting supplies.

“We’ve just seen, as a result of the Ukrainian conflict, the federal government impose tariffs on goods coming out of that region and the immediate impact has been a 25 per cent increase on engineered wood products,” Bidwell said.

“So that will add $6000 to $11,000 depending on how big the house is.

“Who would have figured that that would have happened, two months ago?”

After high-profile builders Probuild and Condev declared insolvency, a number of smaller subcontractors, builders and construction firms are barely managing to stay afloat.

“What Oracle is going through is no different to what any other builder in Australia is going through,” Bidwell said.

“They have signed a fixed price contract and in the period of that contract, the cost of materials and labour has gone up astronomically.”

Cost variations can be accounted for via rise and fall or cost escalation clauses in contracts but when and how these can be introduced into contracts varies from state to state.

With a fixed price contract the homebuyer is not required to pay any more than what was initially agreed to in the contract but it does not prevent the buyer from contacting the homebuyer to negotiate.

Bidwell said it was key to keep the homebuyer informed and to try to negotiate.

“There is nothing to stop the builder going to their clients and saying ‘here is the problem I have got. I can’t finish it by this time, it’s going to cost more, here are my invoices so you can see the costs’,” Bidwell said.

“It’s all about managing relationships.

“The builder has to manage the relationship with the client so there are no surprises.”

homebuyers 1

▲ Metricon is renegotiating some contracts.

Metricon’s chief executive Mariao Biasin recently announced that it was renegotiating contracts with some clients.

“Metricon is committed to fulfilling every valid contract in which a fixed price has been agreed,” Biasin said.

Last financial year, Oracle Homes built 112 houses worth $36.6 million, a drop of nearly two thirds compared to the previous financial year when it built 318 houses worth more than $90 million.

It has a category 6 licence allowing it to build up to $240-million worth of housing per year.

Bidwell said there seemed to be no short-term solutions.

“We do need to do more planting with forestry and more domestic production and manufacturing,” Bidwell said.

“But it won’t fix the problem in the short term.

“It’s very difficult—there’s not much that can be done.”

Monash University Professor Gerber told media this week that if a builder went bankrupt it would affect every one.

“When things start to go wrong for the builder, it really has a domino effect because all the people they are responsible for paying — their workers, their suppliers, their tradies — they all suffer and can’t be paid,” Gerber said.

 

Article Source: www.theurbandeveloper.com

Continue Reading

Positive Cashflow Property

duplex designs, dual occupancy homes

Property Investment Advice

gold coast property management

Trending